Hello and thank you for visiting! It is important to us that everyone has a positive and safe online experience so here are the rules of the road! Enjoy.
You must be at least 18 years old to participate on our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, with the permission of your parent or legal guardian, you may view the Sites as a visitor.
We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and all applicable rules, regulation laws, statutes, ordinances, codes, and guidelines, including those of the Federal Trade Commission (collectively, “Applicable Laws”) By using the Sites you agree to abide by all Applicable Laws and to refrain from assisting anyone to evade any Applicable Law.
By accessing the Sites, you agree not to:
- use the Sites in any unlawful manner or in any manner that could damage, disable, disrupt or impair the Sites or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Sites
- use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or similar data methods to download or otherwise, store, publish or distribute the content of the Sites
- intercept or misappropriate data or personal information from the Sites
- post, transmit, publish, share or otherwise make available any information, software or other material that contains a virus, malware or any other harmful component including but not limited to Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or computer programming routines that are intended to damage or interfere with the Sites
- intimidate, harass or insult other users
- post, transmit, publish, share or otherwise make available any content that is abusive, harmful, unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, infringing, hateful, harassing, defamatory, insulting, obscene, profane, racist, or otherwise objectionable
- post, transmit, publish, share or otherwise make available content that would incite a criminal offense, violate the rights of others or that would otherwise create liability or violate any Applicable Laws
- post, transmit, publish, share, or otherwise make available any inappropriate advertising, solicitations or promotional materials including junk mail or spam that would violate the CAN-SPAM Act
- inappropriately post transmit, publish, share, or otherwise make available or solicit private information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers impersonate any person or entity (including, but not limited to, any of our employees or representatives), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity
- use your account or another user’s account in an inappropriate or unauthorized manner
- post the same message or comment multiple times
We reserve the right to monitor communications on the Sites between you and other users.
If you access the Sites as a visitor, you will not be required to provide personally identifiable information. However, to access certain Services, you may be required to register or to create an account and to provide certain information.
When registering an account, you agree to:
- provide true and accurate information about yourself
- create a suitable username that is not offensive, infringing or deceptive
- not register for more than one account,
- not register for an account on behalf of someone other than yourself
- maintain the security of your passwords and identification
- be responsible for all use and activity under your account, and the consequences thereof, regardless of whether you have authorized such use and activity
- immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security
Restrictions on Use of Site Content
Our trademarks and service marks, along with our trade names, trade dress (the “Marks”) and designs and all other content found on our Sites, including, but not limited to, articles, recipes, art, designs, graphics, text, postings, images, links, photographs, videos, information, and music (collectively, the “Site Content”) is our property and/or the property of its respective owners. Unless noted otherwise, you may access the Sites or the Site Content for your personal and non-commercial use only. You will not acquire any
By posting, transmitting, publishing, sharing or otherwise making available User Content on the Sites, you automatically grant (or warrant that you have the express authority from the owner of such User Content to grant) us a worldwide royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, translate, publish and distribute such User Content (in whole or in part). We also have right to incorporate and adapt the User Content in other works in any form, media or technology now known or
hereafter developed. You further grant any other user of the Sites to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user’s personal non-commercial purposes. Additionally, you represent and warrant that (1) no element of your User Content will violate or infringe upon the intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party and (2) you (and any licensor of content that you post on the Sites), have waived any “moral rights” in connection with your User Content. You are solely responsible for paying all royalties and other fees that might be due to any person or entity by reason of any User Content posted by you on or through the Sites. You acknowledge you are not entitled to any compensation for any User Content you post on the Sites.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We respect other people’s intellectual property rights. Therefore it is our policy to remove any materials that infringe upon another party’s intellectual property rights. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), and upon proper notice, we will remove User Content (and any other Site Content) that violates copyright law. If you believe your work has been infringed send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
(i) the identification of the copyrighted work; (ii) the location the material on the Sites; (iii) your contact information; (iv) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is unauthorized, (v) a statement that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf and (vi) a statement, made under the penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate; and (vii) your signature (physical or electronic).
By submitting a notice, you acknowledge and agree that we may forward your notice and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice or to other third parties.
If you believe that your User Content has been wrongfully removed from the Sites, you may send us a counter notice. The counter notice must be in writing, sent to the email address above, and include: (i) identification of the material that has been removed; (ii) your contact information; (iii) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the material was improperly removed; (vi) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in Maryland, and agree to accept service of process from the person who submitted the original notification that resulted in your User Content being removed (or an agent of such person) in the event he or she elects to file suit; (vi) a statement, made under the penalty of perjury, that all the information in your counter notice is accurate (vii) your signature (physical or electronic). By submitting a counter notice, you acknowledge and agree that we may forward your counter notice and any related communications to the person who submitted the original notice that resulted in the removal of your User Content or to other third parties.
The Site Content cannot replace or substitute for the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, medical or legal matters. We encourage you to seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information found on the Sites. Your access and use of the Sites does not in any way create a physician/patient, confidential or privileged relationship, or any other relationship that would give rise to any duties on our part or the part of its contributors. We do not endorse any specific tests, physicians, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on the Sites. Your reliance on any information provided on the Sites is solely at your own risk. We make no representations or warranties concerning any treatment, action or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Sites. We are not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages that may result, including but not limited to, economic loss, injury, illness or death.
No Medical Advice
Content on this and related sites in no way constitutes medical advice and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. We also advise you to consult with your medical doctor before changing your diet or lifestyle. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it as a result of your use of site content. We make no guarantees about your
experience or results from your use of content and you release Empowered Living, LLC, its officers, employees, and consultants of any liability relating to your use.
YOU USE THE SITES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES (AND ANY PORTION OF THE SITES) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAWS, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT). We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of content available on or through the Sites, the Site Content, or the content of any websites, any social media or other Internet resources linked to the Sites and assume no liability or responsibility for any: (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies contained on the Sites; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of the Sites (or any parts thereof); (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Sites; (v) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, malware or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Sites (or any parts thereof) by any third party; and/or (vi) for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the Site Content, the use of the Sites and/or through your or any other users’ exercise of any rights granted by us herein. We reserve the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to change, modify, add, remove or disable access without notice to any portion of the Sites (including, without limitation any of the Services).
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA, REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).
We control and operate the Sites from our offices in the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. People who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Waiver of Jury Trial
Severability; Waiver; Modification
You hereby irrevocably waive any right to seek and/or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief or any order against us, and/or to enjoin or restrain or otherwise impair in the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of any of our productions or projects.