Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
A Breathing Technique to Change Your Life with Dr. Amy Novotny
Dr. Amy Novotny founded the PABR Institute™ with the mission to provide pain, stress and anxiety relief to those who seek a naturalistic form of treatment when other treatment methods have fallen short. Her unique approach comes from her experience treating in a variety of settings and with a wide range of patient populations over the past 10 years. Her background in orthopedics, sports, geriatrics, balance disorders, nerve injuries, and most recently, chronic pain; and influences from coursework at the Postural Restoration Institute gave her the foundation to develop this treatment method to address a wide variety of painful and restrictive conditions. She has helped countless clients avoid orthopedic surgeries including joint replacements, disc herniation repairs, lumbar fusions, rotator cuff repairs, and ACL reconstructions. These methods have even helped people overcome sleep deprivation, anxiety attacks and generalized stress. She co-authored a #1 Best-Selling book Don’t Quit: Stories of Persistence, Courage and Faith, which shares her journey on how and why she developed the PABR Method™. You can find out more about Amy at pabrInstitute.com.
Amy has figured out an amazing new breathing technique that can alleviate stress, pain and angst. She shares her techniques, which are very easy to follow. Here are the steps to changing your breathing – the good news being that you have everything you need and this is a free resource.
- The four step breathing process is to breathe in your nose, pause, breathe out your mouth like you’re blowing out of a straw and pause for 3 seconds.
- As you exhale, you want to bring your sternum down (not up) and belly out (not in). For many this will be a whole new way to breathe.
- You can use this form of breathing to help your nervous system and to give your body greater ability to take in oxygen.
Amy is happy to hear from anyone looking to learn more and shared graciously that she’s happy to send you a free video on overcoming pain and anxiety using this breathing technique.
Connect with Dr. Amy Novotny
- Website: pabrinstitute.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/dramynovotny
- Twitter: @amynovotnyaz
- Instagram: @anovotn
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/dr-amy-novotny
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)