Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
A powerful way to change the world with Amy and Michael Port
25 years ago, Amy and Michael Port earned their MFAs in acting from Yale and NYU, respectively, before working in TV, film, and theater. Now, at their Heroic Public Speaking Headquarters in New Jersey and for organizations around the world, they teach how to give better speeches and presentations both onstage and off. Disney, QVC, Guardian Life, Best Buy Canada, and Poo-Pourri are among the organizations that trust Michael and Amy with their high-stakes performances. Michael is the author of Steal the Show and 7 other books that have been translated into 29 languages and has been on the bestseller lists of the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal, among others.
The motto at HPS is to change the world one speech at a time. I resonate with this intention fully. I had the privilege of attending Amy and Michael’s two day intro speaking course, CORE, at Heroic Public Speaking and was b l o w n away. Even with a background training in on-camera and voice over as well as acting and improv, I found the two day intro course, or appetizer to their main meal program, to be incredibly powerful and helpful.
We discussed ways to find deeper meaning, maximize your potential, connect more deeply with family and be of service in these trying times, especially as it relates to speaking and being self expressed.
Here’s a lot of what we talked about:
- Add playfulness and take advantage of this ‘staycation’ time by raising expectations of yourself and children, having fun and being creative.
- Let the stage or screen be the place for drama, don’t bring it into your life.
- Rather than worry about how you might look or come across in sharing your thoughts when speaking to an audience (be it virtual or on the stage), focus on being helpful and of service.
- Be highly intentional about the language you’re choosing when speaking and how you want the other person to feel. Language and the intention behind it is powerful.
Michael talked about his struggle with dyslexia and how he grew up thinking he was “stupid” because of his struggle with writing and reading. What’s amazing to me is that Michael has written 8 bestselling books and moved past his struggle with dyslexia because he realized it was more important to write and create meaningful works that would help others. His first book, Book Yourself Solid, became an immediate bestseller and is still a sought after book.
Connect with Amy and Michael Port
- Facebook: facebook.com/heroicpublicspeaking
- Instagram: @heroicpublicspeaking
- LinkedIn: Heroic Public Speaking
- Website: http://www.heroicpublicspeaking.com
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)