Begin every day with a powerful intention.Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Better Sex & Relationships With Intimacy Expert, Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus
*Note: if you’re listening with small ones around, you’ll want to grab your earphones. Just be mindful that there is some explicit language.
Dr. Jen Gunsaullus is a sociologist and intimacy coach, and is a national speaker on couples intimacy, sexual consent, healthy relationships, erotic play, and mindful sex. She has presented two TEDx Talks, is the co-host of the podcast Sex Talk with Clint & the Doc, and her first book, From Madness to Mindfulness: Reinventing Sex for Women, will be published in August 2019. Dr. Jenn has over 1.5 million hits on her In the Den with Dr. Jenn YouTube video series, and is an expert in the documentary on masturbation, called Sticky: A (Self) Love Story. Learn more about Dr. Jen and how to add more pleasure, body kindness and intimacy into your life at http://www.drjennsden.com.
I enjoyed this super open conversation so much because I truly believe that we as human beings deserve to enjoy and experience authentic, loving and open connection, and intimacy with ourselves and others. Many of us can get caught in stories around body shame and lack of worthiness, negative past experiences and stories from our past that keep us from experiencing real and safe sexual, sensual and heart-centered connection.
Here are some of the takeaways from our talk:
- A great place to start with your own sensual and sexual journey, especially if it’s not where you’d like it to be, is by journaling about the earliest messages you received about what it meant to be a woman (or man), to be sexual, what your religion or family had to say about it, and anything you can remember that might have been a negative connotation.
- Rewrite your sexual story by looking at how you want to feel and experience connection, intimacy, and sex.
- If you struggle with being intimate with your partner for any number of reasons, create ‘Happy Naked Fun Time’ for 45 – 60 min, without kids or other distractions, where you are naked (or almost naked) and there’s time to cuddle, connect and have fun without the pressure of sex. Start with at least once/week and reconnect to your partner in a space without pressure to perform or have a sexual outcome.
- Embodied pleasure starts with self-compassion and mindfulness. To fully enjoy any connection or sensual moment, you must be present. If you find yourself distracted or worried about a ‘to-do’ list, focus on the moment and your 5 senses.
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus
- Twitter: @drjennsden
- Instagram: @drjennsden
- LinkedIn: Jennifer Gunsaullus, Ph.D.
- Website: http://www.drjennsden.com
- Podcast: – Sex Talk with Clint & the Doc
- Course: Online course for women on increasing desire
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!