Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Finding Radical Compassion with Tara Brach
Tara Brach is an internationally known meditation teacher, psychologist and author of bestselling Radical Acceptance and Radical Compassion. Her popular weekly podcast is downloaded 3 million times a month. Along with Jack Kornfield, Tara leads the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program (MMTCP) serving participants in over 50 countries.
This was by far one of the most touching and moving interviews I’ve done. It is clear that Tara embodies incredible presence, loving kindness and the qualities of the divine.
There were so many beautiful words of wisdom here that I hope touch, move and inspire you as much as they did for me. I believe that self-kindness and ending the war with ourselves is one of the most important steps to waking up and changing our collective story to one of collaboration and community. Read on for Tara’s brilliant nuggets of wisdom:
- When you’re in a challenging time, as we all are now, Tara shared that it’s important to start with “This is hard.” It’s real and raw and affirms what’s going on. When we get stressed, we turn against ourselves and get into a ‘trance of unworthiness’. We start to believe “It feels bad, so I’m bad.” Being at war with ourselves is the biggest issue.
- Real transformation happens when we decide to be kind to ourselves. Let your intention be to be kind to yourself, and start there. You might say “Please, may I be kind.”
- A practice Tara uses in her own life, especially during the pandemic, is to bookend her day. She starts the day with “Please, may I be open hearted, open to love and kind.” In the evening she’ll scan the day to see what happened. No matter what, be kind to yourself and don’t get into blame or judgment. Tenderness with ourselves helps to decondition this negative inner voice.
- Whatever you practice becomes your practice. Set the intention to be present and loving.
- What really matters right now is waking up together, holding hands. We need to wake up out of separateness because we belong together as one energy and one spirit.
- Meditation doesn’t have to just be sitting down, it can be you taking a walk in nature, singing, yoga or lying on your back feeling into your body. Tara shared a great piece of fun advice, “put your tush on the cushion and no judgement.”
Connect with Tara Brach
- Website: https://www.tarabrach.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tarabrach/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TaraBrach
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tarabrach/
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)