Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Growing Big Dreams & Manifesting Your Heart’s Desires with Robert Moss
Robert Moss has been a dream traveler since doctors pronounced him clinically dead in a hospital in Hobart, Tasmania, when he was three years old. From his experiences in many worlds, he created his School of Active Dreaming, his original synthesis of modern dreamwork and ancient shamanic and mystical practices for journeying to realms beyond the physical and growing creative imagination. He has led popular workshops all over the world, including a three-year training for teachers of Active Dreaming and online courses for the Shift Network. A former lecturer in ancient history at the Australian National University, he is a New York Times bestselling novelist, poet, journalist, and independent scholar. His many books on dreaming, shamanism, and imagination include Conscious Dreaming, The Secret History of Dreaming, Dreaming the Soul Back Home, The Boy Who Died and Came Back, Sidewalk Oracles, and Mysterious Realities. His latest book, Growing Big Dreams: Manifesting Your Heart’s Desires through 12 Secrets of the Imagination is a passionate and practical call to step through the gates of dreams and imagination to survive hard times, travel without leaving home, and grow the vision of a more abundant life so rich and strong that it wants to take root in the world. He has lived in upstate New York since he received a message from a red-tailed hawk under an old white oak.
The conversation we had is incredibly pertinent to today’s very turbulent times. Robert calls it a ‘dream drought’, where we now need to tap into resources and sources beyond the obvious. Dreams are the language of the soul. This is where dreams come in, and not just the dreams you have at night. He explains the different kinds of dreams you can have, the magic of how they work in helping you to manifest your heart’s desires and how to start now. Here are some wonderful tips to help you start to reopen your relationship with your dreams, of all kinds:
- Start with your night time dreams and begin to journal about them each morning. Journaling tells the Universe production team, so to speak, that you’re ready to record and to listen.
- Try and remember your first and the last dream you had and write about it (this opens you up to being a vessel for connecting more to your dreams)
- Get in touch with your magical child self — whatever it was that you enjoyed doing, start doing more of that NOW.
- Meditate and grow a vision in your mind of where you want to go directed from your heart center. Find an object that represents this image so you can better touch, taste and feel it. This level of consciousness is known as the ‘privileged zone of consciousness’.
- Give yourself permission and time for day dreaming and to lay around horizontally before you sleep or right when you wake up to connect at a deeper level. This will help you to access the I-land (get it, instead of Island?!) of your heart’s deepest desires.
One of my favorite quotes (and chapter titles) from Robert is that ‘You don’t have to drive used Karma’ and ‘The stronger the imagination, the less imaginary the results’.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)