Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
How To Forgive No Matter What with Shannon Bobo
Shannon Bobo is host of “AT HOME WITH SHANNON BOBO”, a show that started through a 30 day challenge due to Covid Stay at home orders. The show is on the verge of becoming nationally syndicated and can be seen weekdays on FB live and later on youtube. Shannon is a casting director, comic and producer. Her background is in TV, radio, live performance shows, live video streaming, and producing. Shannon currently works both behind the scenes as a casting professional and in front of the camera as an actor, host, and stand-up comic. She has been in and has helped cast countless on camera commercial ads, film, and television. She is an active member of SAG/AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild/American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. (American union representing professional performers). Shannon is writing a book called “A Funny thing happened on the way to forgiveness” and is an advocate for finding peace through forgiveness, self-love, and healing. She is a certified reiki healer and energy alchemist. She is an advocate for healing and forgiving through comedy. She is an ambassador for PAVE Promoting Awareness Victim Empowerment, an organization that provides support and advocacy for people who are survivors of sexual trauma. She has a focus on helping as many people as possible find their voice and creating a space for everyone to feel heard. Shannon currently resides in Los Angeles, CA. (Visit http://www.shannonbobo.com for more details.)
You-est You sacred listeners, there was so much inspiration shared in this episode. What spoke to me the most was Shannon’s ability to be compassionate with herself and others who have transgressed or abused her in the past. Shannon struggled with playing small and limiting beliefs of needing to struggle to be successful. She learned how to be her “Bio Queen” self (inside joke, listen in to hear what that means). 🙂
She is a true light worker and shared how to stay in your own light, especially during a darker and more fearful time, as many have felt with this pandemic. Some of Shannon’s practices (emphasis being practice, as we never fully arrive) is:
- Find a Board of Directors – meaning a small circle of those who will cheer you on and support you on your journey to fully expressing in your highest self (or You-est You).
- Clear yourself through what she uses as Accessing Consciousness, a clearing statement that has you clear whatever happened in the past and look to create what you truly desire in the present. The premise is to just let it all go.
- Journaling as a tool for deeper gratitude and appreciation, and connection to your true self.
- Take lots of salt baths and heal, rejuvenate and reconnect to you through water.
- Be wary of too much triggering media – look at disturbing, upsetting and fear based media and social media as a ‘prayer request’ and send that person compassion and a prayer.
The most important focus right now is to learn to TRUST; yourself and in knowing that all is well and that you are always protected. By trusting and surrendering to a higher order or divine intelligence will allow you to be in a state of flow, gratitude and grace. Shannon also shared that she reads the Optimist Creed Prayer daily (see below).
Here is the the Optimist Creed Prayer:
To be SO STRONG that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity
to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the GREATER ACHIEVEMENTS of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance AT ALL TIMES and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have NO TIME to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Connect with Shannon Bobo
- WEBSITE: https://www.shannonbobo.com/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-with-Shannon-Bobo
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/shannonbobo
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/shannonbobo/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/ShannonBobo
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)