Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
How to Impact Millions with Selena Soo
Meet Selena Soo
Selena Soo is a publicity and marketing strategist for visionary entrepreneurs, experts, and authors who want to reach millions with their message. She’s helped clients and students get featured in places like O, The Oprah Magazine, Forbes, and Inc. while landing interviews on popular podcasts and national TV.
Many of Selena’s clients have become industry leaders with 6 and 7-figure businesses, raving fan bases, and hundreds of thousands of followers. Her signature approach comes down to building powerful and long-lasting relationships with influencers and the media in a thoughtful, authentic way. A former New Yorker, Selena now lives by the beach in beautiful Puerto Rico.
You Can Impact Millions
One of the things I love about Selena is how genuine and caring she is. She spoke so openly and vulnerably about being in an abusive relationship and how isolating it was. Selena recently shared her story in a very public and brave way to help other women who have experienced a similar kind of trauma. The full article can be read HERE.
One of the gifts of sharing your story through the portal of media and publicity is the ability to help, serve, inspire and impact millions. Selena’s strength and the gift of being a super-connector and media strategist aided her own courageous choice to share her story.
Selena gave us a fantastic quote that spoke volumes of truth, “People aren’t looking for more information. People are looking for inspiration.” Sharing your story can be insightful and inspiring for others who may be walking the same path but be several steps behind you.
Why Publicity Is So Important
Like Selena, I also believe you have a story that is worth sharing. Whether it’s to reach more people you would like to serve, grow your audience, inspire many more people, or help others in need, publicity is the best way to extend your reach and serve in a much bigger way. If your heart is calling you to make a more significant impact in the world, it is time to listen so you can reach millions.
Selena Soo reminds us that even if you are introverted or a heart-centered, highly sensitive person, there is a place for you in the publicity world. She is an introvert, and while it was a struggle in the beginning, Selena learned ways to adapt and work with who she innately was.
Publicity Hacks & Don’ts
When looking to gain publicity, there are some basic dos and don’ts.
- Keep in mind that you don’t need a huge platform to pitch the media or do interviews.
- You do need to focus on your main topic and offers. Selena explains that you’ll want to be thoughtful and strategic about your focus, especially if you have multiple offerings.
- Don’t pitch topics. Instead, pitch story ideas in an exciting headline format.
- When pitching your story, describe your idea with a few bullet points so it’s clear and concise.
Less Is More
I talked to Selena about how she grew to a 7-figure business in such a short amount of time. I loved her answer.
- Less is more, don’t get caught in the shiny object syndrome. Simplify and stay focused.
- Eliminate whatever is not your essential heart-centered offering. Pour your attention into what you’re doing.
- Stay laser-focused and create excellence in one area.
- Build connected and genuine relationships that you can build upon.
- Take action with your fears, so you don’t let your worries drive your action.
When Selena talked about getting focused on that “one thing,” she recommended the book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown. This one keeps coming up, so obviously, it’s a must-read!
Selena graciously offered an amazing gift, which you can get at juliereisler.com/publicity. In addition to three powerful videos about how to get more publicity, Selena also includes:
- A list of 200 media outlets.
- A 12-month in-depth publicity calendar.
- A 7-step action plan to implement your publicity outreach.
Connect with Selena Soo
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, and thoughts, and I would love to hear what motivates you as we move towards the second quarter of 2021. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group The You-est You Community for Soul Seekers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More On
- line Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on InsightTimer