Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Learn How to Heal Through Movement with Femme! Creator, Bernadette Pleasant
Intoxicating and energetic, Bernadette Pleasant is a fiery sensual Speaker, Somatic Healer, and Creator of Femme!, a mind-body wellness program. She has spent a lifetime exploring creative visualizations and celebrations of the human form, from sensual dance to somatic healing. A gifted healer, dancer, and entrepreneur, she channels her personal journeys and her radical empathy into transformative, immersive experiences that empower and celebrate people of all genders, ages, sizes, and fitness levels. Bernadette travels globally empowering all through classes, private workshops, retreats and conference engagements.
With certifications in the Nia Technique, Nia 5 Stages, Ageless Grace, Pole Dance, Somatic Healing, Reiki, and Integrated Energy Therapy—and studies in African, Tribal, and Free Dance—Bernadette Pleasant promotes emotional freedom through movement and empowerment.
As an experienced entrepreneur and the founder of Femme!, Bernadette Pleasant regularly leads discussions on emotional healing, inclusive movement, and empowerment for all. Her authenticity, charisma, and warmth allow her to empathize with and inspire those ready for a journey of emotional exploration and affirmation. Intuitive and engaging, Bernadette Pleasant is a vibrant, sensual speaker who connects with those who have been silenced and shut down to support their physical, emotional, and healing journeys—whether in a classroom, from a podium, or one-on-one.
Bernadette is also a woman of color who comes from a long line of natural healers who have used touch and movement to help others find peace, empowerment, and wellness. Her classrooms welcome without judgment and support participants’ paths to finding comfort in their own skin. In the Femme! Experience, Bernadette creates a safe space for all ages, backgrounds, body types and dance skills to explore their sensual selves. Everyone is empowered to fully embrace and embody all of their emotions and fully express them through movement; joy, sorrow, rage, ecstasy and more are all welcome at Femme!. In Femme! everyone is infused with the affirmation, “It’s your body; you can do whatever you want with it-including love it unapologetically!”
I attended a Femme! workshop in Baltimore and it was incredibly healing on a cellular level. I can’t recommend this kind of movement healing modality enough…she is the real deal!
Things You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Emotions are like weather, nothing is good or bad, just is. Allow yourself to prepare for your emotions like you would for a storm, hot day or snowfall. Your body is meant to move and process all emotions.
- We are emotional beings and are often too stuck in our head. Emotions don’t live in your head, they take space in your physical body. Give yourself time and room to move and process all emotions.
- If you’re new to processing and moving through emotions, start with baby steps like standing in front of a mirror and allowing yourself to move, connect to your eyes and body and see how your body likes to flow. Find drumming or a primal beat to move to and feel the healing with each movement.
- Animals shake off excess energy after they encounter a near-death experience (ex, if a Gazelle is chased by a Lion, it would need to shake off afterwards). We are the same in that we process stress and often don’t make time to shake it off. Like the song, you literally want to give yourself space to ‘shake it out and off’. It helps to reset your nervous system.
You can find out more about Bernadette and Femme! at https://www.theemotionalinstitute.com/
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with Bernadette Pleasant
- Instagram: @livefemme
- Facebook: @livefemme
- LinkedIn: Bernadette Pleasant
- Website: https://www.theemotionalinstitute.com/
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!