Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Ocean Robbins on Starting A Food Revolution With The Grandson Of Baskin-Robbins
Ocean Robbins is the CEO and co-founder of the 500,000+ member Food Revolution Network — one of the largest communities of healthy eating advocates on the planet. He has held hundreds of live seminars and events that have touched millions of lives from 190 nations.
He is also the author of the bestselling book, 31-Day Food Revolution. Ocean is founder and was director of the nonprofit YES!, which has led transformational events for 650,000 leaders in 65 nations. He’s a recipient of the national Jefferson Award for Outstanding Public Service, the Freedom’s Flame Award, the Harmon Wilkinson Award, and numerous other honors.
Things We Learned From This Episode
- 90% of Americans try to eat healthy but have no idea what that means or where to begin and are confused in general about how to eat well.
- Most Americans eat 15 lbs of sugar a year and get 1400 chemicals through their food (processed food)!
- Sugar (not including natural sugar from fruit) is more addictive than drugs like heroine, and hit your reward center in your brain giving you a rush of dopamine (feel good hormone). It is not your fault if you are addicted to sugar and flour (flour also has the same sugar like effects on your body).
- The best place to start is by taking action and making a food shopping list, getting rid of processed items and cooking at home, preparing food for the week. Sharing homemade food with friends, family and neighbors also creates deeper bonds and social connections.
- Getting at least 3 servings of greens a day can add 11 years of healthy brain function to your life…kale, anyone?! 🙂
Ocean has served as adjunct professor for Chapman University, and on the boards of Friends Of The Earth, Creating Our Future, Tipping Point Network, Turning Tide Coalition, and many other organizations.
Ocean’s grandfather founded Baskin-Robbins, and his father, John Robbins, walked away from the family company and ice cream fortune to write bestsellers, including Diet for a New America, and to become a renowned health advocate. Now, Ocean is on a mission to transform the industrialized food culture into one that celebrates and supports healthy people and a healthy planet, and he’s inviting YOU to join the food revolution.
Ocean has been featured in: Time Magazine, Audubon, USA Today, New York Times Magazine, The Washington Post. And he’s been seen by hundreds of millions in TV, radio, online, and in-person appearances.
About the Book: 31-Day Food Revolution is a guide to liberation from a toxic food world. Author Ocean Robbins reveals the secrets the industrialized food industry doesn’t want people to know, how specific ingredients and methods could be making people sick, and what they can do about it. And he shows how to use the amazing power of delicious food to heal the gut, lose excess weight, and lower the risk for disease — all while contributing to a healthier planet. In his nonjudgmental and down-to-earth way, Ocean Robbins meets people wherever they are on their personal journey with food, helping make small improvements that lead to big results.
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with Ocean Robbins
- Twitter: @afoodrevolution
- Pinterest: @afoodrevolution
- Facebook: facebook.com/foodrevolutionnetwork
- Website: http://www.oceanrobbins.com
- Book: 31-Day Food Revolution
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!