Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The biggest myth about boundaries with Nancy Levin
Nancy Levin is a Master Life Coach, radio host and best-selling author of five books including her latest, Setting Boundaries Will Set You Free: The Ultimate Guide to Telling the Truth, Creating Connection and Finding Freedom. She has coached thousands of people to live life on their own terms by making themselves a priority and setting boundaries that stick.
Formerly the Event Director at Hay House from 2002-2014, Nancy now teaches regularly at Kripalu, 1440 Multiversity and the Hay House Writer’s Workshop and she also recently launched Levin Life Coach Academy – a premier life coach training & certification program designed to revolutionize the industry. She received her MFA in Creative Writing and Poetics from Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado and she continues to live in the Rocky Mountains.
What a delight to interview this beautiful, enlightened soul who shares so openly about her own massive struggle with boundaries, an abusive relationship and healing childhood trauma. Nancy shared so much goodness in this episode that I couldn’t stop talking to her (hence the longer interview). 🙂 I tried to boil down her beautiful lessons learned in a way that can most assist you in your own personal growth journey. Nancy is certainly now living her life as her ‘You-est You’.
Key learnings from our conversation:
- The biggest myth about boundaries is that others cross our boundaries, when in reality we are the ones crossing them. Our boundaries are ours to hold.
- You can still set boundaries with gratitude, grace and kindness. Ways that Nancy does this today is to either say no as soon as possible or let the person know she’ll get back to them in 24 hours. She then checks in to make sure she’s not avoiding something. There is no need to give a reason when you say ‘no’. Better to choose short term discomfort than long term resentment.
- Boundaries are really limits we set for ourselves around what’s ok and not ok for us. The most loving thing you can do for yourself and others is to honor your own boundaries.
I found it especially fun to hear her past experiences spending time with Louise Hay, one of my personal heroes, as well as Wayne Dyer and Debbie Ford. Nancy left an incredible career at Hay House to follow her passion to write, teach and coach others. We’d love to hear your feedback and take-aways from this episode. Feel free to share on itunes or message me about what you learned.
Connect with Nancy Levin
- Facebook: Nancy Levin – Home
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nancy_levin/?hl=en
- Website: https://www.nancylevin.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nancy-levin
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)