Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The Life-Changing Practice of Inner Bonding with Dr. Margaret Paul
Meet Dr. Margaret Paul
Dr. Margaret Paul is a bestselling author of 12 published books, relationship expert, and co-creator of the powerful Inner Bonding self-healing process. She has appeared on numerous radio and television shows, including Oprah. Margaret is a member of the Transformational Leadership Council. Dr. Paul has been recognized as a luminary and leader in the field of psychology and personal growth by Jack Canfield, Alanis Morissette, Neale Donald Walsch, and John Gray, to name a few.
First off, I firmly believe that there is a crisis of self-abandonment and a lack of self-love and self-kindness. We dove deep into how to change this disturbing habit and belief system that can wreak havoc on your immune system and body. I know from my own experience that my own past health issues with my thyroid and immune system had everything to do with not knowing how to honor my feelings or take care of myself. I have no doubt that so many illnesses and physical ailments are due to a lack of self-care, self-love, self-kindness, and ultimately self-abandonment. You will learn in this conversation the powerful process of Inner Bonding, one that Dr. Margaret has used with thousands of patients (including herself), and how to use this healing process with yourself. I highly recommend you get her book, The Inner Bonding Workbook, and make your own Inner Bonding work a real priority. If you need any proof, watch Dr. Margaret on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/juliereisler) and you will see the pure joy and love emanating out of her and how kind the years have been through this work (seriously, you won’t believe that she is 83).
What Does Self-Abandonment Really Mean
Self-abandonment is when you are taking care of everyone else but yourself. Most of us are trained to abandon ourselves because our culture, family of origin, religion, or surroundings teach us that it is selfish to care for ourselves first. You can’t do this without experiencing physical symptoms. Self-care is actually the opposite of selfishness because it’s about taking responsibility for yourself and your well-being. You then take yourself out of the victim mode. Blaming others for your well-being and issues is actually selfish. Taking care of yourself relieves the burden of others taking care of you. Get the difference? This is a powerful distinction. The Inner Bonding process is all about moving out of our head focus into a body focus so we can learn to truly love ourselves, and receive guidance from our Higher Self for the rest of our life.
The 6-Step Process to Inner Bonding:
- Be willing to be present with your feelings, including those of loneliness, pain, sadness, and despair. You’ll go back to being present and take responsibility for your feelings so that you can get out of your head and into your body and heart.
- Breathe into your heart and be open to learning about how to love yourself. In this step, you will start to gain access to your higher self, when your frequency is high enough. Keep your body clean with healthy, nourishing, clean organic foods. Keep your thoughts clear and clean as well. Eating well is loving to your body and your whole self. Because Spirit exists at such a high frequency, the more you are in alignment with this energy level, the more you can get ‘at will divine guidance’. Imagine a wiser part of yourself (500 years older) full of power, truth, and wisdom, and invite that higher self part of you in. This is the ‘loving adult’ that lives within each of us. In doing this you’ll develop new neural pathways in the brain.
- Breathe back into your feelings. For example, if you felt numb and depressed, go back into those feelings and imagine these feelings as your inner child. Ask this part of you: ‘How am I treating you? What am I telling you?’ We caused our own self-abandonment, so this step is crucial for taking responsibility and discovering how we’re abandoning ourselves. This is connecting to our younger self, our ‘wounded ego self’, which is also Character 2 for those who have read Whole Brain Living by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, or heard either of our two interviews. To listen to either interview, go to: https://youtu.be/gox_ZIwZdpk or https://youtu.be/_LisJ6vFwEk. There’s always a belief, usually about fear, to better understand and discover.
- Dialogue with your higher guidance about your false beliefs. Ask this part of yourself: ‘What is loving to me? What is in my highest good right now?’
- Take loving action (the more you do this, the more you’re programming yourself to be kind and loving to yourself in thought and action)
- Go back to how you are feeling — if it’s a loving action, you’ll feel relief and you won’t feel shame or fear.
Inner Bonding is about knowing you are never alone and that you can access your Higher Guidance at any time. Your guidance is ALWAYS there, my friend. My favorite quote from our conversation (which brought tears to my eyes) was this: “We’re on the planet to evolve our ability to love”. I agree with Dr. Margaret, this is the purpose of connecting to your You-est You. May you remember this goal to be more loving and expand your capacity for love, in all ways, always.
If you are ready for greater support to overcome self-doubt and stop your own internal ‘not enough’ voice so you can step into your genius and design your best life, connect with Julie to see if she is the right fit to coach and mentor you. Julie does coaching for entrepreneurs, leaders, and ambitious creatives. To set up a time to chat further, send an email to email@example.com.
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, and thoughts. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group: The You-est You Podcast Community.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You to achieve inner peace, happiness, and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at the Sacredology Membership
- Join The You-est You Podcast Community on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on Insight Timer