Begin every day with a powerful intention.Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The Loud Blonde on Owning Your Voice with Kelly Cochran
Kelly Cochran is the unapologetic writer, speaker, and CEO of Loud Blonde, a marketing company helping female entrepreneurs bring bold businesses to life online. Kelly is passionate about encouraging women to listen to their instincts and speak their truth at the highest volume. Her hold-no-punches attitude sheds refreshing light on subjects most women are dying to—but too fearful to—talk about.
Kelly is the author of LOUD: Silence Your Critics & Turn Up the Volume on Your Life, a hilarious self-help book for any woman dying to ditch the doubt and tune into her own boldest inner voice once and for all. Learn more about Kelly and download a free chapter of her book at loudblonde.com/book
What I loved about this conversation is the focus on seeing your ‘weaknesses’, in Kelly’s case being loud and getting fired from past jobs, as an asset. She turned it around and saw that her loud voice could be used to help other women to uncover their own voice. She got ok with getting out of the box, drawing outside of the lines and embracing how she was wired. Our intention is for you to do the same in your life.
Here are some key take-aways which I hope inspire and uplift you:
- Ways to tune into your inner voice is to get quiet. This can be tough when we are always rushing and busy. Whether it’s meditating or taking a walk, make sure to get time daily to really pause and be still. You can’t hear your voice amidst all the other noise.
- When you’re overly busy, look at the why underneath…are you trying to not deal with something or keep busy to avoid an emotion or feeling? Be on the look out for using busy to cope with life.
- Journaling, as well as doodling and drawing, are great ways to allow your subconscious to play and connect with you. Rather than journaling with a question, just sit back and see what comes up.
“Lean into your wiring. It’s time to blaze your own trail. You’re not broken, you’ve just got to fully embrace and accept your distinct and unique wiring.”
You can read more about Kelly’s book at loudblonde.com/book.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with Kelly Cochran
- Twitter: @loudblondekelly
- Instagram: @loudblonde
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ciaobionda
- Linkedin:Kelly Cochran
- Pinterest: @loudblondekelly
- Website: http://www.loudblonde.com
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!