Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Dr. Betty Sue O’Brian on Mapping Your Health Through Your Eye
Dr. Betty Sue received her naturopath degree from the School of Natural Medicine in Boulder, CO before she retired as an instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Upon her retirement, she soon began practicing Naturopathic Medicine in Biloxi, MS, where she shared an office with a Physical Therapist; later, she opened a health food store. Even though these venues offered many outlets for teaching self care, she wanted to educate more people to be self actualized and fully in charge of their own health outcomes; it is this desire that lead her to becoming a Diplomat Instructor for the International Iridology Practitioners’ Association. Looking for an online format for her classes, led her to a joint partnership with Dr. Wanda Seitz, of Myrtle Beach, NC in SINH – the Southern Institute of Natural Health. She is elated to bring the therapies and practice of naturopathy to her students: current, past and present.
Dr. Betty Sue has five books:
- Six Weeks to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Going Green…The Smoothie Way
- Causations: Using Iridology to Clarify Sclerology
- Iridology: The Core Curriculum
* Healthy Substitutions For Foods We Love To Eat
We discussed so much about the wisdom that’s embedded in our body – in our eyes, teeth, tongue, ears and everywhere really. It means getting a bit more still, taking time to tune in and incorporating some of these amazing tips to live with more energy, health and wellbeing. First off, iridology (for those of you who weren’t sure) is the mapping of the iris to better understand your health. The eyes are the window to the brain and your health.
Some of Dr. Betty Sue’s healthy lifestyle suggestions (her top 10 is found in her book, Six Weeks To a Healthy Lifestyle)
- Stimulate your skin and lymph system every day. Brush your skin with a brush and then rub it with coconut or avocado oil before you bathe.
- Bounce for at least 60 seconds every day to stimulate your lymph system
- Scrape your tongue every day, ideally with a metal tongue scraper (getting mine now) 🙂
- Take quiet time every day, pause and breathe in your belly
- Put your feet above your head every day for at least 5 minutes. This helps with your drainage and circulation.
To find out more or book an appointment with Dr. Betty Sue, go to bettysueobrian.com or iridologyacademy.org
Connect with Dr. Betty Sue O’Brian
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)