Begin every day with a powerful intention.Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Do It Scared with Ruth Soukup
New York Times bestselling author Ruth Soukup is dedicated to helping women overcome fear and create a life they love. Through her blog, Living Well Spending Less, which reaches more than 1 million women each month, she encourages her readers to follow their dreams and reach their goals. She is also the founder of the Living Well Planner® and Elite Blog Academy®, as well as the author of five bestselling books.
Her practical advice has been featured in numerous publications and news programs, including Women’s Day, Redbook, Family Circle, and Fox News. Her Do It Scared® podcast launched on April 30, 2018, and her next book, Do It Scared®: Finding the Courage to Face Your Fears, Overcome Obstacles, and Create a Life You Love (Harper Collins) will be available in May 2019.
Running a successful 7-figure business was not where Ruth began. You’ll definitely want to listen and hear her very moving story going from hopelessness to a life full of not just hope, but also joy and peace. You can’t tune in and not be inspired by her sharing. We did dive into the way to ‘do it scared’, which is the motto that helped Ruth go from a deep depression and multi-suicide attempts to taking one baby step at a time to regaining her life back.
Here are some of the takeaways from our talk:
- The more you practice courage in doing something that scares you, the more of it you’ll have. Courage is a muscle that needs to be worked out.
- Ruth interviewed over 4,000 people and came up with 7 Fear Archetypes: Procrastinator, Outcast, Rule Follower, People Pleaser, Self-Doubter, Excuse Maker and the Pessimist. Take the free online assessment at doitscared.com, to see what fear you gravitate towards.
- Get an accountability buddy or group to help you with taking new actions, steps and changing your thought patterns. This has helped transform Ruth’s life (and mine).
Get Ruth’s book, ‘Do It Scared’ on Amazon and connect further at doitscared.com.
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with Ruth Soukup
- Twitter: @ruthsoukup
- Instagram: @ruthsoukup
- Facebook: facebook.com/livingwellspendingless
- Pinterest: Ruth Soukup
- Website: http://www.ruthsoukup.com
- Book: Do It Scared book
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!