Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Dying to be a Good Mother with Heather Chauvin
Meet Heather Chauvin
Today’s guest, Heather Chauvin, is a strategic parenting expert and has been featured as a TEDx speaker and on The OWN Network, CTV, and The Jenny McCarthy Show. She has also appeared in Entrepreneur and Real Simple magazines. She is the host of the Mom Is In Control Podcast where she reveals her most vulnerable truths about womanhood, marriage, parenting, living through stage 4 cancer and running a successful business—without burning out.
Resistance Is Not Always Bad
Without Resistance in our lives, we would never learn to get stronger, or to move through it. When we face resistance and tough times and find ways to deal and move through these challenges, we are creating strength and self-confidence that is invaluable. Just like lifting weights, when we are met with more resistance, or heavier weight, our muscles adapt over time to make that weight easier to lift. This is the same with mental resistance that we face. The more we face it head on, the easier it gets in the future.
You Are Powerful
It is amazing what some people can overcome. Heather Chauvin fought through stage 4 cancer and came out on top. She knows that if she can beat that, she can accomplish anything. We don’t need to beat cancer to be strong or resilient, all we need is to be focused and determined. When we are met with tough times, we can tap into that internal energy that gives us strength and peace at the same time. We can harness this energy through self-care and inner work.
There are so many stresses in our lives, and no matter what you do, or who you get on your team they will continue to present themselves at the most inopportune time. Whether it be kids, work, relationships, or money, we can bet on future struggles to present themselves. What separates those that strive through these struggles and those that succumb to them through unhealthy habits, lashing out and self destructive behaviors is that those that prosper move through the resistance with confidence. They know they are powerful enough to come out on top and have a lesson to learn through the struggles.
Tips For Meeting Resistance With Truth and Power
- What you resist, will persist. Rather than avoiding resistance, move into and through it.
- What helped Heather to heal on all levels was to start with the question, ‘How do you want to feel?” She referenced Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map work and found the questions: ‘What do you want, What do you need and What do you desire?’ will always guide you towards your highest self.
- If you’re not learning, you’re done. No one knows it all and the world is constantly changing. If you close yourself off to knowledge and growth, you’re giving up.
Connect with Heather Chauvin
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, thoughts, and I would love to hear what your word is for 2021. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More On
- line Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on InsightTimer