Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Harmony with HeartMath with Dr. Deborah Rozman
Meet Dr. Deborah Rozman
Deborah Rozman, Ph.D., is President and CEO of HeartMath Inc. She is a behavioral psychologist, educator, and author. HeartMath develops scientifically validated programs for emotional self-regulation, energy management, and resilience to improve health and well-being and optimize performance. HeartMath also produces the award-winning emWave and the Inner Balance HRV coherence technologies for nervous system self-regulation.
Deborah has appeared in documentary films, numerous tele-summits, and hosted webinars with Dr. Daniel Amen, author of Change your Brain, Change your Life who wrote the forward to HeartMath’s Brain Fitness Program, and with trauma specialist Dr. Bessel van der Kelk on healing trauma with heart rate variability coherence training. Deborah co-authored the Transforming book series, published by New Harbinger. The series includes four titles, including Transforming Stress, Transforming Anger, Transforming Anxiety and Transforming Depression. She also co-authored Heart Intelligence: Connecting with the Intuitive Guidance of the Heart.
Harmony with HeartMath
I had the pleasure to meet Deborah at the HeartMath Summit for Lifting Global Consciousness in Tulum this past fall. I helped facilitate their conference through the XChange facilitation methodology, which is in harmony with HeartMath in that it’s all about focusing on strengths, thriving, and flourishing. I fell in love with HeartMath’s mission and work, the variety of HeartMath coherence practices we learned, as well as learning the science behind heart intelligence. This interview gives you a lot more information and understanding of how our heart truly is the wise leader to follow. You will see why popular phrases like ‘follow your heart’ are backed by science and are real.
The Coherent Rhythm of HeartMath
Here are a few main takeaways from our very in-depth conversation about all things heart-connection related.
- Our hearts naturally have a varied heart rate rhythm pattern, called HRV. Anything stressful will cause a more chaotic pattern wave. However, when you feel joyful, peaceful, or love, your wave pattern will be in coherence. You can learn to shift your mood and perception of life and train yourself to get into heart coherence. This has extraordinarily healthy benefits on all aspects of your life.
- The way out of stress, anger, and depression are connected to shifting your heart wave pattern. You can learn these techniques on the website heartmath.com and/or with a HeartMath certified trainer and practitioner.
- Intuition, while often felt as a gut feeling, actually is signaled first in the heart and travels to the brain.
- Gratitude opens our frontal lobe for compassion and allows for heart coherence—another great reason to start and have a gratitude practice.
Dr. Deborah Rozman gives great insight into the need to calm our minds, ease our stress, and get into the coherent rhythms of the heart. That beautiful beating is where love and happiness reside. It is within these rhythmic beats where good health and peace of mind reside. To find out more about HeartMath, make sure to listen to the full episode and visit Dr. Deborah Rozman’s site.
Connect with Dr. Deborah Rozman
- Website: http://www.heartmath.com
- Book: Heart Intelligence: Connect with the Intuitive Guidance of the Heart
- Program: The HeartMath Experience (online video course)
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, thoughts. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU.
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)