Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
How To Actually Love Yourself with Erika Bélanger
Meet Erika Bélanger
Erika Bélanger is a yoga teacher, stress coach, and the host of the On & Off Your Mat Podcast. As a teacher and leader, Erika helps her clients move from surviving to thriving by managing their thoughts, feeling their feelings, and regulating their nervous system, so they can reconnect to their body and its needs to experience more joy, connection, and love. Her radiant spirit and engaging sense of humor create light-hearted somatic practices focused on awareness, intentional movement, and self-care.
Feeling ‘Not Enough’ and ‘Too Much’
Oh, do I know this terrible twin well of feeling both ‘not enough’ and ‘too much’. My guest today shares all about her struggles with being told she was too sensitive, ‘too much’, and to stop being so difficult. What ensued in abandoning herself was a full-blown eating disorder and a whole lot of self-loathing. Erika shares openly about hitting rock bottom (a few times) and what helped her to heal her nervous system, body, and mind (for real). We dove into the various practices and ways to create safety within your own self and body and how to stop rejecting your feelings, emotions, and self.
Best Practices for The Highly Sensitive
Here are some of the highlights and most helpful practices to start using if you’re struggling as a Highly Sensitive Person or empath with burnout, overwhelm, anxiety, hopelessness, and feelings of despair. You’ll definitely want to tune into the whole conversation to hear how you can create lasting healing change within your body and mind.
1) First, you must learn to accept and embrace your own sensitivity and whatever you’re feeling and experiencing. Drop the shame and stop bullying yourself.
2) If you want to learn how to meet your own needs, you must be ok with what you actually need.
3) Contrary to what you might think, when you’re feeling anxious or unsettled, you’ll want to match this energy with loving actions that have a similar energy, such as dancing, shaking, running, tapping, etc, before cultivating a more peaceful state.
4) To support your sensitivity, ask yourself, ‘What do I need?’ and then listen, honor, and meet your needs.
5) Creating safety is key to your healing and well-being.
Want Further Support To Create Inner Peace?
If you would like further support to create safety from within, and heal your relationship with yourself (and your nervous system), let’s connect further to see how I can support you on your healing journey. You can schedule a virtual coffee chat at juliereisler.com/chat.
Looking To Help Others Know Who They Are and Design Their Best Life?
If you are feeling a strong urge to help other big-hearted empaths get unstuck and design their best life, you’ve got to check out my Life Designer Coach Academy. This world-class four-month virtual live coach certification program will give you proven tools, techniques, practices, and methodology to be a powerful coach. This coaching program is for aspiring and current coaches looking to fill in the missing pieces and gain confidence and mastery both in the coaching core competencies and the integrative health modalities from a mind-body science, positive psychology, and healing arts perspective. To learn more, go to lifedesignercoachacademy.com.
You-est You Intention Cards
Want your own powerful deck of 33 You-est You Intention Cards? These cards were channeled by Julie. Each card has an empowering intention and deeper questions to ask your ‘You-est You’ for greater self-awareness, higher consciousness and spiritual growth. You can get them now at juliereisler.com/shop.
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, and thoughts. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group: The You-est You® Podcast Community.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness, and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
How to leave a review on iTunes
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
You-est You® Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a certified Life Coach in Julie’s Life Designer Coach Academy certification program
- Become a Sacred Member at the Sacredology® Membership
- Join The You-est You® Podcast Community on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on Insight Timer