Begin every day with a powerful intention.Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
If I’m Being Honest with Katie Crenshaw
Katie is a thirty-something mom of three living in Atlanta. She started her popular blog in 2015 as a platform to share new perspectives and to build community. In 2016 her open letter to critics of her daughter’s facial deformity went viral. This emotional piece reached audiences all over the world by way of Good Morning America, CNN, Inside Edition, and more. In 2019 she took her love for the human experience to new heights and launched a podcast, If I’m Being Honest with Katie Crenshaw. Her mission continues to be a voice for the voiceless by humanizing marginalized lifestyles and experiences. You can find more about Katie and her amazing articles at katiecrenshaw.com.
She unapologetically speaks her truth, colors outside the lines, believes in taking risks, and advocates for vulnerability. Katie maintains her unique voice with a consistent undercurrent of humor and authenticity. Her work has been featured in large publications such as Good Housekeeping, Redbook, and Cosmopolitan. She is an active content creator for Scary Mommy and The Huffington Post.
What I love about Katie is how darn real and vulnerable she is. We talked a lot about changing the body positivity game for women and how her post-partum photo reached across the US and beyond.
Things You’ll Learn From This Episode
- People can’t hurt you with your truth. When it’s your truth, own it and don’t worry what others think.
- On living your most badass life, Katie thinks about what people would say at her funeral and reverse engineers from there. This helps her to take action even when uncomfortable or afraid.
- For those of us who have struggled with body image issues – focus on what your body does, not how it looks. You can join the incredible tribe of women sharing photos, as she said from naked to Burkas, sharing what your body has done for you at #herbodycan
- Make sure you have a supportive network with a real connection
- The best way to feel good is to elevate others.
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with Katie Crenshaw
- Twitter: @katiemcrenshaw
- Instagram: @katiemcrenshaw
- Facebook: @katiecrenshawblog
- Blog: katiecrenshaw.com
- Podcast: If I’m Being Honest Podcast
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!