Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Intuition and the Heart with Dr. Rollin McCraty
Meet Dr. Rollin McCraty
Dr. Rollin McCraty is Director of Research of the HeartMath Research Center at the HeartMath Institute. As a psycho-physiologist, Dr. Rollin McCraty’s research interests include the physiology of emotion, heart-brain communication, and the global interconnectivity between people and the earth’s energetic systems. Findings from this research have been applied to the development of tools and technology to optimize individual and organizational health, performance, and quality of life.
Dr. Rollin McCraty has acted as Principal Investigator in numerous studies examining the effects of emotions on heart-brain interactions and on autonomic, cardiovascular, hormonal, and immune system function, and outcome studies to determine the benefits of positive emotion-focused interventions and heart rhythm coherence feedback in diverse organizational, educational and various clinical populations. He has been featured in a number of documentary films such as I am, The Truth, The Joy of Sox movie, The Power of the Heart, Solar Revolution, and The Living Matrix, among many others. To learn more about Dr. Rollin McCraty and HeartMath, go to HeartMath.com.
Intuition and the Heart
Dr. Rollin McCraty had so much wisdom to share about the science behind heart intelligence and on today’s topic of intuition. While this is a longer episode, I can’t recommend this interview enough. You will get a better understanding of how our heart is really what leads our brain and then body’s response. Here are some of the most powerful takeaways:
- The biggest stress point in the world is because of a lack of alignment between our heart (where intuition is found) and our mind.
- There are three kinds of intuition:
- Implicit Knowledge – what most of us are aware of, as this is our unconscious memory, otherwise known as ‘dual-process theory.’ A secondary kind is known as Insight. This is what we’d refer to as our ‘ah-ha’ moments, meaning our unconscious is still at work just in a slower manner than with implicit knowledge.
- Energetic Sensitivity – This is our nervous system’s ability to detect and respond to signals in the environment. The commonly used phrase, ‘the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife,’ refers to this idea of being able to sense other’s energy. We know scientifically that our heart radiates in a magnetic field at least 3 feet past our body. Empaths and those with deep empathy and sensitivity to energy can feel what others are feeling. This is an energetic intuition or knowingness.
- Non-local Intuition – this is the kind of intuition we can’t explain as it’s across time or space.
- Any human being with a heart can learn to tune in better and connect with their heart intelligence. We know from research and scientific data that contrary to common thought, our heart is the predictor of reaction before our brain. Our heart shifts first, then on to the brain, and lastly, we get effects in our body like a gut reaction, chills, or stress response.
- A beautiful unifying factor is that all religions regard the heart as the seat of intelligence. We are starting to understand from a scientific standpoint how and why this happens.
- The language of intuition is emotion. Comments like ‘this feels right’ are actually right on point. It is our feelings, whether it be joy, peace, overwhelm, frustration, etc., that allows us to tune into our intuition.
Dr. Rollin McCraty reminds us that feeling into our heart space and connecting to that steady rhythm helps us tie into our intuition. Connecting regularly is not only good for our health and minds but helps strengthen our intuition and creates a safe space for it to grow.
A few great books to start with if interested to dive deeper: Heart Intelligence, The Science of the Heart, and A Business Plan for Peace.
Connect with Dr. Rollin McCraty
- Linkedin: Rollin McCraty
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, thoughts. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)