Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The Kindness Diaries with Leon Logothetis
Meet Leon Logothetis
Leon Logothetis is a humanitarian, best-selling author, and cause-adventurer. He is the host of the Netflix series “The Kindness Diaries“, where he circumnavigated the globe on his vintage yellow motorbike “Kindness One,” giving life-changing gifts along the way to unsuspecting good Samaritans. All of this while relying solely on the kindness of strangers. In February 2019, a second season of the series was released, this time with Leon traveling from Alaska all the way to the bottom of Argentina. The show is currently being streamed on Netflix in 190 countries
Leon’s greatest passion is combining adventures with great, meaningful causes. He teamed up with First Book and drove a car from London to Mongolia, raising money to buy 10,000 books for underprivileged children. He drove a vintage London taxi across the states, giving free cab rides to the needy and working with Classwish to bring hope back to schools. He has collaborated-for-a-cause on web-series for Southwest Airlines, Little Things, and Trivago, garnering millions of views and raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for those in need.
Leon has documented his travels for numerous media outlets, including Good Morning America, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Outside, Good, Psychology Today, and The New York Times. His best-selling books “Amazing Adventures of a Nobody”, “The Kindness Diaries”, “Live, Love, Explore,” and “Go Be Kind” are in stores now.
Where Kindness Begins
Leon Logothetis started this inner journey after waking up realizing he had everything on the outside but felt empty on the inside. He decided to dedicate his life to finding his authentic self and essentially “unlearn everything we were taught.”
This is a great question to ask yourself, what would be helpful to unlearn so that you can feel even more connected to your You-est You? Where can you begin to be more kind? To interject random acts of kindness into your life? How can you be more intentional and speak words of kindness daily? We have to train ourselves to live more purposefully in a kind manner, not just to others but also to ourselves.
Some of the most powerful takeaways from our conversation:
- Your life is not about living someone else’s dream. Spend time in stillness, in nature, and silence to hear your own dream.
- The secret sauce of kindness is empathy.
- There is no problem being as successful, wealthy, or famous as you can be. Just make sure you are basing everything on empathy, kindness, and compassion.
- There needs to be a bigger purpose in fulfilling any dream, goal, or desire. Find that bigger purpose, and hold close to it. Leon shared that he was a bit doubtful at the beginning of his expedition from Alaska to Argentina until he heard his inner wisdom say, “You are doing this because others will be inspired to be kind.” This larger ‘why’ helped him in difficult times of doubt and fear during the rest of his trip.
- True wealth is in your heart. Never forget that. No material wealth can come close to the wealth that lives in you right now.
Hoping you were as inspired by Leon’s experience, strength and wisdom as I was. Share how you will find more ways to be kind to yourself and to others!
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, and thoughts, and I would love to hear what motivates you as we move towards the second quarter of 2021. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group, The You-est You Community for Soul Seekers.
Connect with Leon Logothetis
- Website: leonlogothetis.com
- Facebook: @TheKindnessGuy
- Instagram: @thekindnessguy
- Twitter: @LeonLogothetis
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More On
- line Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on InsightTimer