Begin every day with a powerful intention.Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The One Thing, with New York Times Bestselling Author, Jay Papasan
Jay Papasan’s curiosity about why some people get extraordinary outcomes and others do not helped fuel his work with Gary Keller to write The ONE Thing, which has sold over 1.3 million copies worldwide, has garnered more than 400 appearances on national bestseller lists (including #1 on The Wall Street Journal’s hardcover business list), and has been translated into 30 different languages.
Whether working with his wife Wendy to raise funds for Heroes for Children, inspiring others to take action toward their goals, or aiming to be the best husband and father he can be, Jay strives to remain awake and aware – with clarity and focus on his values and goals.
Jay Papasan is a bestselling author and Vice President and Executive Editor at Keller Williams Realty, Inc., the world’s largest real estate company. He is also co-owner, alongside his wife Wendy, of Papasan Properties Group. They live in Austin, Texas with their two kids, Gus and Veronica, and their dog, Taco.
This conversation is jammed packed with incredible tools, tips, wisdom and insights on managing your time with intention, goal setting, creating habits that serve your best, and setting your self for success. Jay has so much goodness to share in this episode. You will get so much from his well-researched ideas. You can download some amazing free goal setting resources at http://www.the1thing.com.
Things We Learned from Jay Papasan
- Success is consequential
- Ask yourself this one important question: “What’s the 1 thing you can do such that doing it everything else will be easy, unnecessary and not needed? Listen to yourself and go with your first answer (trust yourself)
- After asking yourself this 1 question, take these 3 steps:
- Figure out the activity to do that would make the biggest impact
- Time block an appointment with yourself to do this work (get the when and where)
- Protect your calendar (say no to the world, don’t let the outside world dictate your focus)
- Ask yourself this important question, ‘Does my calendar match my intentions’?
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
- Twitter: @the1thingbook
- Instagram: @the1thingbook
- Facebook: facebook.com/theONEthingbook
- Website: http://www.the1thing.com
- Book: The One Thing
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!