Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The Secret of Stillness with Bob Roth
Bob Roth is one of the most experienced and sought-after meditation leaders in America. Over the past 45 years, Bob has taught Transcendental Meditation to many thousands of people, and is the author of the 2018 New York Times bestseller, “Strength in Stillness: The Power of Transcendental Meditation.” As CEO of the David Lynch Foundation Bob has helped bring meditation to more than a million students in underserved schools in 35 countries, to military veterans and their families who suffer from post-traumatic stress, and to women and children who are survivors of domestic violence. Bob also directs the Center for Health & Wellness, which is bringing meditation to companies, government organizations, and nonprofit organizations. Bob is the host of the SiriusXM radio show, “Success Without Stress” and has spoken about meditation to industry leaders at such gatherings as Google Zeitgeist, Aspen Ideas Festival, Aspen Brain Conference, Wisdom 2.0, and Summit.
I have been meditating with Bob since this past summer of 2020 and was amazed by his calming energy, daily commitment to provide free Transcendental Meditation (TM in short) for all those who wanted to meditate (and twice a day!) and kindness. His energy reminded me of a modern day Mr. Rogers and for the first time, I stopped feeling badly that I couldn’t stop my thoughts. In fact, this is where I learned through constant reminders to easily and effortlessly use my mantra and allow any thoughts without resistance.
When I reached out, Bob answered immediately (not typical for someone in a busy, high profile position) and said he’d love to do an interview about his journey and the life changing effects of meditation. Below are some of the high points from that conversation. If you would like to try the daily TM meditation, I have listed the link below. The daily sessions are free, held at 7 am, 8:30 am and 6:00 pm EST, and open to anyone.
- Being your You-est You is about following the light of truth from within and connecting to your own inner light (I loved Bob’s definition). This is a powerful time to go deeper within and find your most truthful you.
- Everyone is feeling the uncertainty during this pandemic. Uncertainty is one of the biggest causes of stress because the brain wants to keep things certain. We’re definitely in unchartered territory and in need of staying calm more than ever.
- Research of TM has shown that it creates profound healing as it allows the limbic system to release stress and for knots of trauma to release. TM has been used with veterans, those on the front line of duty such as firefighters, police officers and medical professionals, and others overcoming serious trauma to help alleviate massive amounts of stress. Bob suggests treating TM as a medical intervention.
- The benefits of TM and meditation in general is likened to the ocean where you might have choppy and large waves on the surface, but deeper down it is calm, quiet and serene. The more you meditate, the more your mind becomes like the bottom of the ocean. These deeper levels are more satisfying and given the opportunity, the mind will always be drawn to something more kind. It is in this quieter, lovely place you can meet your own inner-self, with kindness.
- Some misconceptions about meditation are that your thoughts are supposed to stop. Bob shares that the brain never stops, rather it’s about accessing thoughts from a more peaceful and settled place. The mind and body are not separate, as many of us think. They are one. There are profound physiological benefits to being in the restful state of meditation as it allows for your body to heal.
I asked Bob what his brightest hope is for the future and the legacy he wishes to leave. He shared that his aim is for humanity to get the normalcy of enlightenment — that enlightenment is for any human being, regardless of background, religion, spiritual orientation or anything else. He is most passionate about restoring the highest human values on the planet; humility, service, kindness, energy, strength and wisdom.
If you’re called to watch this on YouTube (LINK!!!!!!!!!!!), you can see Bob and my interview there as well. Let me know about your meditation practice and feel free to share your favorite ways to meditate in the Facebook You-est You Community for Soul Seekers.
The free link to join in the daily TM meditations with Bob Roth, CEO of the David Lynch Foundation, is: https://zoom.us/j/177174913#success
Connect with Bob Roth
- Website: meditationbob.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/bob-roth
- Facebook: @MeditationBob
- Twitter: @meditationbob
- Instagram: @meditationbob
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on InsightTimer