Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
The Secret of Stillness with Bob Roth
Meet Bob Roth
Bob Roth is one of the most experienced and sought-after meditation leaders in America. Over the past 45 years, Bob has taught Transcendental Meditation to many thousands of people, and is the author of the 2018 New York Times bestseller, “Strength in Stillness: The Power of Transcendental Meditation.” As CEO of the David Lynch Foundation Bob has helped bring meditation to more than a million students in underserved schools in 35 countries, to military veterans and their families who suffer from post-traumatic stress, and to women and children who are survivors of domestic violence. Bob also directs the Center for Health & Wellness, which is bringing meditation to companies, government organizations, and nonprofit organizations. Bob is the host of the SiriusXM radio show, “Success Without Stress” and has spoken about meditation to industry leaders at such gatherings as Google Zeitgeist, Aspen Ideas Festival, Aspen Brain Conference, Wisdom 2.0, and Summit.
Transcendental Meditation Forms a Connection
Not only does this form of meditation help you to relieve stress, focus on your thoughts and calm your mind and body, it helps to form a connection between your brain and your inner light. When we do not have the constant focus on what is wrong and what we need to fix, we are able to tap into the pure forms of ourselves. Almost no one is born bitter, frustrated, angry or stressed out. It is the people around us and our environment that brings negativity into our lives and pushes us to dwell on the negativity. We are trained to react to negative situations in negative ways. When we meditate, it is an opportunity for us to dig through the negativity and release the true form of ourselves, connecting that form with the outside world.
Enlightenment Is For Any Human Being
Bob discusses why the stereotypes surrounding those that participate in transcendental meditation is holding some back from achieving enlightenment. When in all truth, meditation can be for any gender, faith, background or religious beliefs. Meditation is not to worship a certain entity or create certain values. It is to allow your thoughts, whatever they may be, to flow from a peaceful place, allowing healing (both physical and mental), rest and the flow of one’s thoughts from their mind and through their body. It is to create calm within, even when the outside is hectic and unpredictable.
Bob Roth is a huge leader in the practice of meditation and when asked what his brightest hope for the future is he responds that his aim is for humanity to accept the normalcy of enlightenment — that enlightenment is for any human being, regardless of background, religion, spiritual orientation or anything else. He is most passionate about restoring the highest human values on the planet; humility, service, kindness, energy, strength and wisdom. All of these things that a lot of us strive to be.
Tips for Overcoming Uncertainty
- Being your You-est You is about following the light of truth from within and connecting to your own inner light (I loved Bob’s definition). This is a powerful time to go deeper within and find your most truthful you.
- The benefits of TM and meditation in general is likened to the ocean where you might have choppy and large waves on the surface, but deeper down it is calm, quiet and serene. The more you meditate, the more your mind becomes like the bottom of the ocean. These deeper levels are more satisfying and given the opportunity, the mind will always be drawn to something more kind. It is in this quieter, lovely place you can meet your own inner-self, with kindness.
- Everyone is feeling the uncertainty during this pandemic. Uncertainty is one of the biggest causes of stress because the brain wants to keep things certain. We’re definitely in unchartered territory and in need of staying calm more than ever.
Connect With Bob Roth
- Website: meditationbob.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/bob-roth
- Facebook: @MeditationBob
- Twitter: @meditationbob
- Instagram: @meditationbob
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, thoughts, and I would love to hear what your word is for 2021. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness, and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on InsightTimer