Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Watering the Seeds of Humanity with Larry Brown Jr.
Larry Brown, Jr. is the National Director of the NAACP’s ACT-SO–a national achievement program, serving approximately 10,000 African-American high school students across the country in STEM, Business, Humanities, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Culinary Arts. Prior to ACT-SO, Larry was a communications professional specializing in Digital Media Marketing, Advocacy, and Television Production. During that time, he won a local Emmy Award in the National Capital Region.
When he’s not advocating for justice and youth, Larry loves to take on projects to feed his core as a community volunteer, and consummate creative. He also loves to paint and cook. Check out his hashtag #EatWithLBJ! Larry is a proud native Detroiter and alumnus of Howard University. He is married to his wife Candice for seven years. They are the proud parents of Greyson and Elle!
Larry and I met as co-hosts of the TV show, The District Life, with DCTV, and I was smitten by his wit, smarts, knowledge about all things DC and passion for justice. We talked about what it takes to become the best human being you are meant to be as well as how to start healing the trauma and pain in our country and to affirm that black lives matter. We also discussed his incredible work changing lives of black youth in America by supporting their passions, gifts, talents and pairing them with expert mentors and coaches. Extraordinary performers and leaders like Lauryn Hill, Jada Pinkett Smith and Alica Keys were all students in the ACT-SO program.
Here are some important insights and ways you can be your best self and uplift humanity:
- You need a little baggage to help you in life. Don’t shy away from your baggage as it’s part of what helps you become your best self.
- To be your You-est You, be the same person in all circumstances; at work, at home, with friends, in the grocery line wearing your mask, getting gas or at church. This builds congruence and harmony within yourself.
- Healing is possible in any situation when you add presence, being intentional and forgiveness.
- Black Lives Matter is an affirmation. Lean in to know someone and their history, not just the surface level information. Become an ally and someone who stands side by side with the black community by taking action. Donating is great, but do more to take supportive action like becoming a member of the NAACP, the National Urban League or Color of Change (all links are below).
Connect with Larry Brown Jr.
- WEBSITE: http://larrybrownjr.com/
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/larrybrownjr
- LINKEDIN: :https://www.linkedin.com/in/larry-brown-jr
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Become a Sacred Member at The School of Sacredology
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)