Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Invest Like A Goddess with Monick Halm
Meet Monick Halm
Monick Halm is the founder of Real Estate Investor Goddesses. She is an educator and advocate for female real estate investors and has a mission to help 1 million women achieve financial freedom through real estate. Monick is herself a real estate investor and syndicator and owns, together with her investors, over 1000 rental doors across thirteen states.
She is a graduate of McGill University and Columbia Law School. She is the #1 bestselling author of The Real Estate Investor Goddess Handbook and Invest Like a Goddess – Advice from the Most Successful Women in Real Estate, a TEDx speaker, podcast host, real estate strategy mentor, yogi, world traveler, recovered attorney, wife, and mother of three amazing kids.
Monick grew up with two parents from Haiti who emphasized the importance of getting a good education and becoming either a doctor, lawyer, or engineer. Monick chose to be a lawyer but soon realized that she did not like the profession and found it to be soul-sucking. It wasn’t until she was let go while pregnant with her first child that she realized the blessing of being given the freedom to try her hand at real estate investing. This blessing in disguise gave her the ability to start her business which now educates millions of women on how to invest like a goddess.
Investing Like A Goddess
Real Estate investing is not one size fits all. Monick shared a great metaphor to help you figure out your investment vision and how to reverse engineer it. She shared that if you were going on a vacation, you’d first figure out where you want to go. Do you want to travel abroad to the South of Frances (yes, please!), the pyramids in Egypt, the grand canyon, or perhaps a beach in Cape Cod? Like planning a vacation, you’ll want to figure out your vision. For example, do you want enough passive income to retire from any job? Perhaps you want to be set for retirement and have a significant nest egg, or maybe you want to leave a fantastic legacy for your children’s children’s children. Clarify your vision first.
Next, you’ll want to address what kind of trip you’re taking. Are you going to be on a cruise, biking through the Alps, riding in an RV, flying first class, or perhaps hiking? Similarly, it’s important to understand and choose the investing options that fit your greater vision, which might be investing in buildings, syndications, duplexes, single-family homes, etc.
Lastly, you need to know what resources you have available and how to leverage them. We talked about how having resources doesn’t always mean money. It could be your time, your relationships, or even your experience
Why Women Fear Investing
In the past, it was dangerous for women to own their power. It wasn’t until 1974 that women could get their own loans without having a man accompany them. Often the fear stems from not being sure how to invest in real estate or where to begin. Monick wants you to know that this is something anyone can do, whether you grew up on food stamps or with a family who owned real estate. Check out her free training on her website to learn more and get started, and get her book, Invest Like a Goddess. It’s time for us women to build our own wealth, stability, and financial security.
The Goddess Secret Sauce
1) Pleasure – The new reframe is ‘Pleasure through’ vs. ‘Muscle through.’ Don’t try to muscle through anything. This hyper-masculine way of doing life will lead you to exhaustion. Pleasure does NOT mean comfort, though. Remember, there is no growth in a comfort zone or comfort in a growth zone. Prioritizing pleasure is revolutionary and often uncomfortable.
2) Intuition – this is your life GPS! Don’t expect your intuition to be logical. It doesn’t run on logic, and rather, it is your direct line to your Higher Power that will show you the path best for you. The goal here is to learn to trust your intuition fully.
3) Mindset – your fears and limiting beliefs will keep you stuck and held back from abundance if not addressed. Much of your success will come from healing and moving past worn-out stories and beliefs that are not true.
4) Sisterhood – women are biologically wired for community and sisterhood. We are not meant to do life (or investing) alone. Scientific research shows that women experience a release of oxytocin, the feel-good hormone, with intimacy, breastfeeding, and in the community. We learn better and get out of the stress state quicker in sisterhood.
The Abundant Path
I love how Monick reminded us that we’ll always have challenges and problems; it’s part of how we learn and grow. The choice is whether you want rich life problems or poor life problems. Don’t forget that you get to choose; her suggestion is to choose the abundant path!
If you are interested in investing but feel lost about where to start, check out Monick’s fantastic free training (90-minute video training) at http://www.reigoddesses.com
A Free Toolset To Design Your Best Life
This stunning free toolset is a 7-day workbook (25 pages full) of powerful mindset practices, grounding meditations (and audio), a new beautiful time management system and template to set your personalized schedule for your best productivity, a personalized energy assessment, and so much more. It was designed to specifically help you uplevel your routine and self-care habits for success so you can radiate and become your ‘You-est You’. These tools are some of Julie’s best practices used with hundreds of her clients to help you feel more confident, clear, and connected to your best self so that you feel inspired to take on the world.
Get it at: juliereisler.com/toolset
Looking To Help Others Get Unstuck and Design Their Best Life?
If you are feeling a strong urge to help other big-hearted empaths get unstuck and design their best life, you’ve got to check out my Life Designer Coach Academy. This world-class four-month virtual live coach certification program will give you proven tools, techniques, practices, and methodology to be a powerful coach. This coaching program is for aspiring and current coaches looking to fill in the missing pieces and gain confidence and mastery both in the coaching core competencies and the integrative health modalities from a mind-body science, positive psychology, and healing arts perspective. To learn more, go to lifedesignercoachacademy.com.
You-est You Intention Cards
Want your own powerful deck of 33 You-est You Intention Cards? These cards were channeled by Julie. Each card has an empowering intention and deeper questions to ask your ‘You-est You’ for greater self-awareness, higher consciousness, and spiritual growth. You can get them now at juliereisler.com/shop.
This community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, and thoughts. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group: The You-est You® Podcast Community.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness, and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU.
And as always, if you’re enjoying this podcast, thank you for taking a moment to rate, review and love up on it by sharing it with others you love. It helps make these conversations available to more amazing people around the globe.
Here’s to your being your ‘You-est You!’
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here! I can’t thank you enough for your support, kindness, and good juju.
How to leave a review on iTunes (THANK YOU!)
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of the highest interest to YOU.
You-est You® Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Get carefully curated sacred resources for spiritually oriented coaches, creatives & healers in the Sacredology® Vault
- Get a Free Toolset to Design Your Best Life
- Join The You-est You® Podcast Community on Facebook
- Subscribe to Julie’s YouTube Channel
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10-Module Interactive Course)
- 15 Days Of Gratitude To Change Your Life on Insight Timer
- Take the Free Intuition Quiz To Find Out Your Unique Superpower