Begin every day with a powerful intention.Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Meet JJ Virgin, the Celebrity Nutrition Expert and Fitness Hall of Famer on Taking Back Your Health
“Being healthy is not just for you or about you, get into a bigger mission and take charge of your health so you have more to give.”
~ JJ Virgin
Celebrity nutrition expert and Fitness Hall of Famer JJ Virgin teaches clients how to eliminate food and carb intolerances and master their mindset so they can transform their health and their lives. As co-host of TLC’s Freaky Eaters and health expert on Dr. Phil, JJ is a prominent TV and media personality, including appearances on PBS, Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, Access Hollywood, and the TODAY Show.
JJ is the author of four NY Times bestsellers: The Virgin Diet, The Virgin Diet Cookbook, JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet, and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook. Her latest book, Miracle Mindset, shows warrior moms how to be strong, positive leaders for their families, while exploring the inspirational lessons JJ learned as she fought for her own son’s life. Her most recent title is Warrior Mom: 7 Secrets to Bold, Brave Resilience. JJ hosts the popular JJ Virgin Lifestyle Show podcast and regularly writes for Huffington Post, Rodale Wellness, Mind Body Green and other major blogs and magazines.
In addition to her work with nutrition and fitness, JJ is also a business coach and founded the premier health entrepreneur event and community, The Mindshare Summit.
Ok, this conversation got very deep about what JJ had to deal with when her son was hit by a car. You will be so beyond inspired…be sure to have tissues nearby. JJ is such an inspiration and warrior for taking on your life with power, intention, love, deep self-care and meaning. I was moved to tears listening to what she had to go through.
Things You’ll Learn From This Episode
- There is no someday or tomorrow, you must own your health NOW.
- You are personally responsible for your health. It is the most important asset you have. Take care of this first as you never know when you’ll need to face a challenge and your health will be a saving grace.
- If you can’t do it for yourself or struggle with self-worth, find an excellent coach who can help you around self-worth. Pay more than you normally will so you pay attention. (Ok friends, if you are looking for a coach to work with you, I would love to be on that journey and/or can recommend some amazing other coaches)
- Choose one thing at a time to focus on with making health changes or losing weight. Use the principals of ‘The One Thing’ (see the episode with Jay Papasan as a reference on this book) and keep your eyes on one thing.
- Stay in gratitude, especially around the most challenging times. This will be a game changer and can shift how you feel about yourself and life.
- With weight loss, if you struggle with food addiction or addictive foods, keep the triggers out of your house and understand there is no margin of error. Eating, unlike drinking alcohol, is a must. Find foods that nourish you but don’t trigger you. See JJ’s cookbook for great ideas.
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Connect with JJ Virgin
- Instagram: @jj.virgin
- Facebook: facebook.com/JJVirginOfficial
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/jjvirginvideos
- Pinterest: @jjvirgin
- Website: https://jjvirgin.com
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!