Begin every day with a powerful intention.
Enter your info to receive The You-est You™ Morning Declaration Cards.
Return to the Divine Feminine with Regena Thomashauer
Meet Regena Thomashauer
Regena Thomashauer (a.k.a. “Mama Gena”) is a teacher and best-selling author, mother, and media personality, and founder and CEO of the School of Womanly Arts, which began in her living room in 1998 and has since grown into a global movement. She believes that women are the greatest untapped natural resource on the planet and that as people of all genders reclaim the magnificence of the feminine, the patriarchy will fall, liberating us all.
Thomashauer’s approach stems from decades of research in the social, cultural, and economic history of women. Her distinctive style — at once irreverent, unwavering, affirming, and swear-y — has engaged thousands from all over the world.
In addition to leading the School of Womanly Arts, Thomashauer has authored four popular books, including her newest New York Times Bestseller, Pussy: A Reclamation, and has been featured widely as a leading expert in modern feminism. She lives and works in New York City.
The Disappearance of the Divine Feminine
Ok, my dear friend, I’ve gone a bit out of my comfort zone on this one, but it’s because my life has transformed in part because of what we discuss in this interview. I, like many women, suffered silently in the self-contained cage of self-loathing, lack of worthiness, and people-pleasing. I found myself exhausted, depressed, and with a major thyroid health condition (no surprise that it’s related to not speaking my voice). Regena, a.k.a “Mama Gena,” had the bold, badass courage to step outside of her introverted self years ago, after suffering massive abuse from her brother, to share with the world what’s been missing over the past 5,000 years; the power of the feminine.
I had read Mama Gena’s book, Pussy: A Reclamation, and it took my breath away. I had never considered the grave damage that has been baked into our society and culture. The shame, not feeling good enough, and stuffing down my voice and feelings for years on end was, in part, an after-effect of the disappearance of the Divine Feminine many years before. Mama Gena goes into exquisite detail in her book and at the School of Womanly Arts (which I gratefully attended a year ago in NYC) about how to reclaim our connection to joy, sensuality, and pleasure.
So yes, beware, dear one, there is swearing and lots of use of the word ‘pussy’ in this interview. Regena talks very openly about why she chose this word and why it might just help you to reconnect with your own divine power and birthright. This quite possibly was one of my favorite interviews, and I hope that it illuminates the Goddess Being that you are (and for men, or whatever gender(s) you connect to) the Divine Feminine that is looking to emerge in your life. We as human beings were meant to express both the feminine and masculine. This interview is a call to action to reclaim your radiance and feminine glory. The feminine is all about giving yourself time to be present, still, receive, connect, collaborate and tap into your inner guidance.
Reconnecting to the Divine Feminine Within
Regena Thomashauer reminds us how detrimental it is to our wellbeing to connect to the Divine Feminine within us. Mama Gena says this is the gateway to good health and happiness. This remembrance that we have this divinity within us that should be honored. Here are some powerful takeaways about expanding the Divine Feminine within:
- We’re in a crisis of confidence, self-depreciation, and self-doubt. The way out of this is to connect to your power source, your pleasure, joy, and heart’s desires. When women do this, we step into our power from a place of confidence, abundance mindset and move away from scarcity and fear.
- There has been an overtly patriarchal focus in our society and culture for the past 5,000 years. What’s being called for now is a reclaiming of the deeply healing, nourishing, and light-giving feminine power. A woman who owns her pleasure, or as Mama Gena says, her pussy, owns her life.
- When we disconnect from our desires, we disconnect from living our truth. This can affect your health and overall wellbeing as this disconnect leads to eating disorders, depression, and disease. Pleasure becomes the elixir to heal and support a women’s connection to her highest self. This can be tricky as women tend to take care of others but not themselves. You have to build pleasure into your day!
- Mama Gena shares how she builds pleasure into her day and makes it a top priority. In working with thousands of women, she has seen how tapping into our range of emotions and honoring pleasure can change your life for the best.
- It’s time for the feminine genius to re-emerge, which is all about collaboration, joy, pleasure, and connection.
- She explained that women are like the 88 keys on a piano but have been taught to play just one key. We have a range of emotions meant to be felt and expressed all the way through. Mama Gena’s books and works can teach and help you to learn how to do this.
Regena Thomashauer, aka Mama Gena, reminds us that feminine power is a trait we are meant to own. Giving away this power is what leads to illness, depression, and overall unhappiness. That reconnecting to the Divine Feminine or the power of the pussy is to remember what it is to stand in the glory of our womanhood and be accepting of all the beauty that exists in who we inherently are.
Connect with Regena Thomashauer
- Website: http://www.mamagenas.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mamagena
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mamagena/
As always, this community is a sacred, safe place built on love and acceptance. It was created to help you evolve and expand into your highest self. Please share your wisdom, comments, thoughts. I love hearing from you and learning how you are being your truest, you-est you. Please join us in our Facebook group The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers
Enjoying the show?
For iTunes listeners, get automatic downloads and share the love by subscribing, rating & reviewing here!
*Share what you are struggling with or looking to transform with Julie at email@example.com. Julie would love to start covering topics of highest interest to YOU. Please also let us know if you are interested to be a guest on her show to discuss where you are stuck, and do live coaching with Julie on her podcast.
Join host Julie Reisler, author and multi-time TEDx speaker, each week to learn how you can tap into your best self and become your You-est You® to achieve inner peace, happiness and success at a deeper level! Tune in to hear powerful, inspirational stories and expert insights from entrepreneurs, industry thought leaders, and extraordinary human beings that will help to transform your life. Julie also shares a-ha moments that have shaped her life and career, and discusses key concepts from her book Get a PhD in YOU
Here’s to your being your you-est you!
You-est You Links:
- Subscribe to the Podcast
- Learn more at JulieReisler.com
- Join The You-est You® Community for Soul Seekers on Facebook
- Book Julie as a speaker at your upcoming event
- Amazon #1 Best selling book Get a PhD in YOU
- Download free guided-meditations from Insight Timer
- Julie’s Hungry For More Online Program (10 Module Interactive Course)